Sending information via email isn't the most secure way to share your information but it's convenient, fast and free, so we sometime choose to ignore the security risks.
We've developed a feature that now allows for symmetric encryption of sensitive information so it can be securely sent via email (or any other protocol) while keeping the data safe.
This feature can also be used to save/export/backup sensitive information to disk.
1. Select one or multiple data entries.
2. Right-click on your entry Export - Export Special - Export selection (.html)
3. Enter a password to encrypt your data.
Connection Export Password
4. Save your file on your computer.
5. Your document is now ready to be securely sent via email or any other protocol.
We use AES-256 to encrypt/decrypt sensitive data. Since the decryption is done entirely in the browser there’s no need for external tools, downloads or installs. Here’s a snapshot of the encrypted values:
Html file content