Create a New Data Source
1. To create a new data source click on the setting button next to the data source box.
Data Source Setting button
2. Click on the plus to create a new data source.
Create a new data source
3. Select the data source type you wish to create and click on OK.
Select your data source type
4. Configure all your connection settings. You can verify the validity of the information entered by using Test Server or Test Credentials (depending on the type of data source you are creating).
SQL Server - Connection tab
5. If using an existing Database, click on the ellipsis next to Database to select your database and then click on Test Database to verify it's working properly.
SQL Server - Connection tab - Browse
6. If you wish to create a new Database, click on the Upgrade tab and then select Create Database.
Upgrade tab - Create Database
7. Once you have completed all the steps, you can select your newly created data source by clicking on the arrow next to the data source combo box.
Select your active data source