Remote Desktop Manager for Mac allows you to configure a Duo Authentication to provide an additional security layer when opening a selected data source.
Before you start the configuration make sure you have created yourself a Duo account and also have installed the Duo application on your compatible device.
There is three methods to use the authentication with Duo: by land line, by text message or with their application.
1. Before starting, you will need to add the application Auth API from your Duo account.
Add Application - Duo
2. In Remote Desktop Manager for Mac select your Data source and in the Two Factor option click on None to change your Two factor Authentication mode. In the next window click on Change.
SQL Connection Settings
3. Select Duo as your Two factor authentication. And then click on Apply
4. All the information necessary to fill in the Duo Settings fields will be generated by your Duo account.
Auth API from Duo account
5. Copy and paste all the information in Remote Desktop Manager for Mac and click on Check to validate the information.
5. Click on save to authenticate yourself with your Duo account that has just been activated.
6. If you have more than one device connected to your Duo account, select the device you wish to use for your 2-Factor authentication.
7. Select the method by which you would like to receive your Passcode.
•Duo Push: The code is "pushed" to your Duo application
•Send SMS: You will receive the code by SMS on your registered phone number
•Phone: You will receive a phone call and a computer generated voice will dictate the code to you.
Once you have completed all the steps, you will be prompted with the Duo Authentication every time you connect to your secured data source.